My 101 year old grandmother, Mari, shared her recipe for sweet pickles with me yesterday. They're so delicious, I could eat them like candy.
Mari's Sweet Pickle Recipe
- Open one large jar of Kosher dill pickles. (I had a jar of Mt. Olive brand on hand.)
- Drain the pickles in a colander and rinse with cool water. Pour all the dill pickle juice down the drain.
- Cut the pickles into bite-sized chunks.
- Pour 1/3 cup of sugar into the jar.
- Return cut pickles to the original pickle jar.
- Pour 2/3 cup of sugar on top of the pickles.
- Close jar tightly.
- Shake vigorously.
- Place in refrigerator for two to three days.
- Eat like candy.
Note, there isn't any juice added to the pickles and sugar. It's literally just the pickles and sugar. So, I shake the jar up once a day.Give it a try and let me know what you think!